Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 2

I finished all the cutting (well, most of it - a couple pieces will have to wait until after assembly to measure,) and the routing went wonderfully.  I was very concerned, but after a lot of googling and youtubing, i figured out how to set the bit close to the right depth, then try it on several pieces of wood to micro adjust to get the center.

After routing the edges of where the T-molding will go, I sanded with 220 grit paper and my little vibrating sander.  That didn't take as long as I expected so I went to get the paint.

I decided to go with the paint+primer in 1 from Lowes.  I figured this way, even the parts that I probably will just prime will be black and look more finished.  The first coat is on the backs of all the pieces, and I'm waiting just a bit to put the 2nd coat on.

No pics yet - as my phone isn't recognized as storage.  I really hate my phone.  It worked fine yesterday.

I decided to router the keyboard tray to make it smoother on my wrists.

First coat of primer on.  I'll assemble it with 1 coat on, then coat a second.

Sanding...

Play testing the software.  A TON of the mame roms won't work.  I don't know what's up with it, I'm sure it's my fault, gotta figure it out though.


Cost:
Elmer's Wood Glue: $2.98
Warner Paint Can Opener: $0.46
Glossy Primer and Paint in 1: $34.98
Elmer's Wood Putty: $4.99
Kobalt Drill bit: $4.58
4" Roller: $5.97

No comments:

Post a Comment